Sunday, April 8, 2007

Laziness and Vanuatu

First of all...i want to apologize for neglecting commenting on all the wonderful blogs i usually enjoy as of late - alot of things have been happening to me and i can't write about them in case my parents ever read my blog ;)


This entry is going to be solely dedicated to my second home - Vanuatu.

Right now, i am listening to this amazing live radio streaming from one of the radio stations in Vanuatu: http://202.80.43.124:8000/listen.m3u

It is seriously making me homesick. Listening to bislama and the laidback island music.....it makes me teary.

Even more so considering my blogger friend Yaeli right now is where i want to be :(

So here is me videoing my sister and our cousin sister Elody (yellow :P hahaha) at Erakor bridge...

Oh now the string bands are on the radio....i really am going to cry!

Luv Amy

11 Comments:

Blogger Ganesh Ranganathan said...

We all feel a bit homesick sometimes....

I am studying 2000 kilmoteres away from home, it gets terribly lonely sometimes...but the only thing to be done is to find new friends where you live...

April 8, 2007 at 10:07 PM  
Blogger Mumbai Guy said...

Awww, homesickness. With friends around, try to get over it.

And your teary more coz your friend is where you want to be? Didnt get that.

April 9, 2007 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger vinay said...

distance makes the heart go fonder.......hugs!!!

April 9, 2007 at 3:16 PM  
Blogger Finbarpurpleton said...

I know what you mean by homesickness. There's an entire ocean between me and my family. AN ENTIRE OCEAN!!! I'll think of something really stupid and it will make me homesick one day back in August I thought about my favourite drink Frutopia and it just went on from there. Mind you now that's its been over a year since I've been back in Canada it doesn't seem so bad. I'm sure when I leave Australia I'll be homesick as well. It's a never ending conundrum.

Melissa.

P.S. sorry to hear that you are sad.

April 9, 2007 at 9:29 PM  
Blogger Shantu said...

The nice thing about the internet is we can always stay connected to our motherland, albeit it in a small way...

April 10, 2007 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Amy,

Take care.

April 13, 2007 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

I was home-sick when I was studying at Uni away from my mum n sis. After many years we got together now live under one roof :)

Lovely touching video!

HUGGGGGGGGZ Amy u have me!
Keshi.

April 18, 2007 at 3:53 PM  
Blogger All Is Whole said...

New Home - New World - New Start

Smiles :)

http:\\seeker-space.blogspot.com

April 25, 2007 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger Olyal said...

Hi from Vanuatu Amy!
I hope you're ok and things have gotten better for you in the last couple of weeks... If not, jump on a plane and come and hide with me here in Vanners! I'll build you a "boos haos" in my garden at Teouma and no one will have to know where you've gone! We can bleach your hair and pretend you're an albino... That's what I keep wanting to do!
Big hugs!

May 3, 2007 at 10:48 AM  
Blogger Olyal said...

Where are you Amy??
Come back!!

May 19, 2007 at 11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[at the risk of making you (home) sick] Ahoy!, Islander!
hey Amy :),
nice radio...
nice video...
nice pen name too :DD

June 3, 2007 at 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home