It's a beautiful day!

One of the most beautiful places in my opinion - Port Vila, Vanuatu
Today has been one of those days where everything went completely perfect. I want days like this all the time. It was so beautiful that i can't help myself...i'm making a list :)
Things that made today so beautiful:
1. I woke up to rain! When you live where i live, rain is such a welcome change that i almost cried of happiness :)
2. I woke up easily. No sleepiness. No bed hair. No drool on my pillow.
3. My hair behaved exactly as i wanted it for once :) :)
4. I got to blow up balloons with helium at work. Seriously, this is one of life's most simple of pleasures :)
5. I got to eat yummy food and talk to amazingly awesome people all day.
6. After our little party, my boss and one of my collegues sat in his office and prank called a few people while high on helium :) Another of life's most simple of pleasures.
7. I've listened to every song on my new Kev Carmody CD and know all the words off by heart. They are all as beautiful as Kev Carmody is.
8. I got home and recieved a few emails from beautiful people i never expected to email me :)
9. I talked to a new MSN addy - another of life's most simple of pleasures.
10. I had a HUGE bubble bath with all the essential oils and candles while listening to my boy Michael Jackson and his brother Jermaine
11. I had time out to read the latest edition of "The Monthly" because i got sent home from work early :)
12. I talked to my friend Melissa for a while - who i haven't talked to for SO long it's not funny. Chris...if your reading this....i need to talk to you as well *hint hint* Tell me when i can ring you ;)
13. I finally have got over the stupid crush i have had on someone for the past year :) :) :) And no i'm not telling you who it is :P
What is it about days like this that are totally ordinary, but at the same time extraordinary? I'm probably never going to remember this day as a day that is special. But it has been a beautiful day. I've determined that is the simple things that make days, or even people, beautiful.
For example... I will always remember the day when my family were visiting my dad's ancestral village on the island of Tanna in Vanuatu. I swear that day was perfect. But i can barely remember it. All i can remember was that it was perfect. I have little movies running through my mind of that day but they are all disconnected and aren't joined in a typical movie fashion. I remember my cousin, my sister and me with our Tanna brothers and sisters. We were chewing on sugar cane and walking through the bush. One of the Tanna boys was teaching us naughty words in language and we were eagerly trying to learn them (as you do as kids ;P) Then suddenly he disappeared. All i could see was this little black form climbing a very tall coconut tree :) Next thing he was on the ground. It was just one of those simple things that made me laugh :)

Not taken on the same day...but another beautiful place in Vanuatu :) My future home :)
And like i said, the simple things also make people beautiful. In some of friends - i just love the way they do certain facial expressions or say certain words. My friends all used to love the way our Hong Kong friend Antonia would say the word "sure". It made her all the more beautiful to us :) I love the way my brother Jacob laughs. He has the most beautiful infectious laugh :) I also love the way my other brother Hamish's beautiful facial expressions - especially when he's expressing disgust. I love my sister's Hayley's humour - she is cracked and that's what makes her beautiful to me :)

A small picture of Jacob, Hayley and Hamish...hopefully their beautifulness rubs off on their poor sister!
Beautifulness is all around us!!! I feel so optimistic today :) Life is good :)
Luv Amy
Luv Amy
Labels: life, Michael Jackson, Vanuatu


13 Comments:
Hey thats really nice :)
Hi Clash! haha...i know..i'm a nice person ;)
Umm.. is it wrong that I kinda envy you for having such a great day? LOL
Vanuatu..wow..u have been to one of the bost beautiful places in the world..
seems like very happy times for you..enjoy!!
I woke up to rain! When you live where i live, rain is such a welcome change that i almost cried of happiness :)
Jeeez..come to manchester then
it drizzles almost every day during off hours...and on top of that..winters are going on
:((((
Lucky you...
I had a HUGE bubble bath with all the essential oils and candles
I tried this once...one weekend...
to ma bad luck, that candle fell down right in the bath tub....and then when I tried to get out..I fainted coz I was going without any meal during the whole day
Since then..I kinda gave u having foam baths :))
Lucky you again :))
Hi Amy, we can always find a reason that makes Life beautiful! good things you have lots!
thanks for dropping by my site and leaving a comment.
I have heard alot abt Vanuatu...cos my cuzn's husband used to work there. Beautiful place!
**I finally have got over the stupid crush i have had on someone for the past year
hehe well-done girl!
It's a beautiful day indeed...and everyday can be beautiful if we think so. HUGGGGGGGGGZ!
Keshi.
What an awesome post!!! And great Vanuatu photos!
I hope one day you can come meet my vanuatu family and I'll meet your Tanna family! How cool would that be!
I can't wait to get back there!
Hi Daddy's Girl! Hehe...i'm sure you have your good days too! And when you don't...think of India!!!
Hi Mathew! Thanks! Go to Vanuatu one day...you will ADORE it...i swear! Otherwise i'll refund your plane ticket (don't hold me to that :P)
Hi Ar000n!! Hahaha..that made me laugh! And i guess it is true that there can be too much of a good thing (rain!)
Hi zelle! Thanks for dropping by! :)
Hi Keshi! Your cousins husband was a very lucky man :)
Hi Yaeli! I know! I'm surprised you don't know where that river pic is! It's at Taoma..jsut a little bit out of Port Vila! You'd love it! The best swimming spot ever! I bet you our families know each other....:)
Amy,
Vanuatu- Heard it from you, hearing it from you. A beautiful place.
Though Kerala,India doesn't have such clean islands, it has got a lot such places with lush vegetation and blue water.
Bubble bath-need to try it out sometime.
Helium balloons-YAY! :D
Sure looks like paradise. Nice thinking to set up future home there ;)
cool blog. kinda lively and makes one feel good :)
smiles
Hey hey, add "Read Jasmeet's blog to the list too" :P And nice picture on er profile, is it Fiji?
J
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home