Sunday, March 11, 2007

Self Obsession

I feel in such a self obsessed mood today. You know those moods you get in when you just don't want to give anymore, you just want to take? You become so annoyed with people who only want to talk about themselves and just wish they would actually take an interest in what you have to say. I have a few friends like this (not you Arika!) and sometimes i just have to drive them out of my mind competely.

So today i aimed to only think of the people who love me for me and who show it. Who don't expect anything from conversation and who actually care about what stupid things are going on in my life at the moment. I think when you find those people they become so precious because they really are hard to find and keep.

So this is my tribute to all the people who don't just try and take in a friendship and who actually give and recieve equally. I think this is the basis of true friendship.

Sorry about that stupid little rant. Now i'll get onto less self centred topics.

I have become an avid reader of David Yeagley's blog. It's become almost addictive when i get in those moods where i want to vent my frustration out on someone else and it usually takes the form of reading Andrew Bolt. But sometimes i like to indulge in a little international right-wingedness and get mad at that.

Tonight i decided to look at Mr Yeagey's latest entries. In case you don't know him, Yeagley is a conservative American Indian. Ok, it's understandable. I may not agree with his views but everyone's entitled to their own politics, because after all, isn't that what a democracy is all about? But still...even i was surprised at his latest entry entitled "Go Moby". Let me just put in an extract.

"There will never be a black president. There will never be a brown president. There won't even be a woman president. Nor should there be. The White House of the United States is forever white male.

And rightfully so. The white male built the country. It was his ingenuity, his sweat, his bravery. The Great White Throne is his. He made it. He is under no moral obligationi whatsoever to give it up to someone else.

For the weak to demand a place on that throne is preposterous. For the liberal, Communist "you owe me" crowd to think they have any right to that throne is absolutely delusional. For that which was built by strength to become the "right" of the weak is so irrational that the emotional fury behind such a improprietous quest is virtually satanic.

As an Indian, I don't want to see anything but a white male on that white throne. My sense of pride tells me that throne is not mine. I have a relationship to it, but I did not create that throne. Why should I want to sit in it? How devilishly juvenile. How utterly depraved. Those who think they have a right to something that isn't theirs are nothing but robbers, thieves, and liars. Peevish children. Greedy little urchins."


"I say just acknowledge the facts of the immediate world in which we live. White European/American westerners made it. It is theirs. Their only contenders are whining whites among themselves who want to be on the Throne. These whining whites want to unite the brown world in a liberal lamentation of the whites in power, and by doing so the liberal, weak whites think they can gain the ascendency. But the brown movement will indeed be flushed down the toilet. It was a temporary necessity for the liberal whites, but, it was all in passing, so to speak.

Think of it this way: the whites build the throne. They are obviously superior. No one else built it. To be envious, to want to sit in it, is rather stupid. If you can't build your own thrown, then in all sincerety, shut up! To spend a life in envy is so undignified it is criminal. Social justice is a code word for jealously. Little more. I say let each man be brave enough to face reality. That's where courage meets the rode."


I can't believe that a man who is so proud of being American Indian could sit back and acknowledge white superiority! He even celebrates it! I can't speak much for America but come on! What did the colonialists build America on? I'm sure stealing land and oppressing the Indigenous people were not what Christian values were all about! The simple fact that America voted against the Declaration of the rights of Indigenous peoples shows their general disregard for Native Americans! How can this man tell his people to acknowledge white superiority in America when the Europeans did not own America in the first place?

If he had said it in Australia and in regards to Aboriginal people I would probably have personally learnt voo doo to inflict it upon him. I just would love to know what American Indians in general think of Mr Yeagley. I wish I had a better knowledge of American Indians to comment further!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Olyal said...

I got the impression that Mr Yeagley was implying that he and his people are above the need to sit on a throne and govern a population, while that is something coveted by white men.

That could just be the way I read it though.

Hope you're well today Amy!

March 12, 2007 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

White supremcay is a fallacy. Ignore such claims.

Keshi.

March 12, 2007 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

supremacy***

March 12, 2007 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger princessjo1988 said...

Hi Amy!!

I would have to agree with yaeli!!

Sorry!!

Jo

March 13, 2007 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Mumbai Guy said...

Hey lidia...do you follow cricket?

March 14, 2007 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger Ganesh Ranganathan said...

I agree with Mr Yeagleys first paragraph....but how can he say that the white man created America...

the land belonged to the Indians,

The fields were worked on by the african-americans, The women were also equal partners...Its just that the white men were part of the decesion making process....

March 14, 2007 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger Lidia said...

Hi Yaeli! Yeah, i thought about that but he really is ultra conservative. He did another blog entry on it. He really believes what he says...he's written extensively about it. He's pretty much an idiot :)

Hi Keshi! Don't worry! I will ignore them :)

Hi Jo! Don't be sorry ;) Everyone's allowed to interpret it differently!

Hi Mumbai Guy! I do sometimes - when something interesting is happenning! But of course, i never ever follow Australia!

Hi Ganesh! Yeah, i totally agree with you! If he was a white male i wouldn't have been confused, but since he is a proud American Indian...well i'm just weirded out :)

March 14, 2007 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger vinay said...

indians!!!land belonged to them!!

March 14, 2007 at 7:30 PM  
Blogger GuNs said...

Are you Amy or are you Tohou Lidia????

[:-P]

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

March 15, 2007 at 9:21 PM  
Blogger Nitin said...

weird indie... i could call him a racist pig. he's no different from being a Nazi Aryan supremacy believing Indian, Even though every nazi hated every other race other than their own(including him).
He's a Fuckin Ass wipe, characterless Piece of Shite!!... How characterless could you possibly be..
Some dignity less moron..
Its like saying the higher casts and rich families in India Built This country.

March 22, 2007 at 12:03 AM  
Blogger Finbarpurpleton said...

I agree with Yaeli. But still it seems kind of strange that an Indian would say that.

Melissa

March 22, 2007 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger Anuja said...

Can't believe I read what I did! He's so far beyond rationalism that I cannot even be riled to a response. Besides, have lately decided that the likes of Coultar (which now includes him) are just not worth the higher blood pressure!

April 26, 2007 at 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home