Sunday, February 11, 2007

Mothers: I Salute You

I have so much respect for single mothers…actually I have so much respect for mothers in general. This weekend I helped a friend babysit four children. Not hard? Try four children under six. Four excitable, energetic, messy, indecisive children under six. They were definitely cute but incredibly hard to look after. For example – there was one time when three of them were all crying for different reasons (one was stuck to the tv all day thank goodness!). I had to try and figure out why each of them were crying, pick them up, comfort them, put them down and start with the next one. By the time I finished, mostly the cycle would have started again. I don’t know how their mother manages!

And the mess! One of my stuffed toys is no longer stuffed (which I think was the dog’s fault), the wall was treated to some new artwork (luckily maroon marker isn’t hard to get off), I now know how to say “I’m hungry” in thirty different ways with varying amounts of whininess (I should make a language box set) and the couches have several new stains on them (I don’t even want to know how they got there). I also figure the youngest kid is going to be frightfully claustrophobic after being put in a box by the other three.

But all in all it was good and I’m sure it hasn’t turned me off children forever. Their cuteness made up for all the work :) Still, if I were to make a video of the entire weekend – I’m sure it would be a very good advertisement for the positives of contraception.

And I even was able to finish watching Phir Milenge (a movie i have had on pause for who knows how long)….and all I can say is….mmmm….Salman! I never ever thought I would say that but there it is. Salman Khan is my new Johnny Depp and even though he gave poor Shilpa AIDS I thought i could still forgive him. But then I felt like watching him again - put in Dil ne Jise Apna Kahaa and was forever turned off again. Too much chest is not good for a girl my age. Granted, i didn't finish the movie so he still has a whole movie to make me love him again.



Well that’s my brain dead post for the week over.

And now for another man old enough to be my father...just because...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mumbai Guy said...

1 - Baby sitting, I think, is toughest job in world. Check that movie - Daddy Day care. ;)

2 - Salman my hero too. He just has some different style that I like to have it in me too. Ok not all, but most of them.

3. MJ - IMHO, best dancer world has seen.

Take care and have fun.

February 12, 2007 at 12:38 AM  
Blogger Maja said...

Oh dear oh dear, Salman replacing the Depp? Surely not! Mmm, Johnny ... I can't wait to see him in Shantaram (hmm, maybe I should read the book before the movie comes out), I hope it doesn't get shelved.
I've only heard good things about Phir Milenge so far, I've been trying to get a hold of it for ages now but no luck yet. Some day though, some day ... And isn't the song Jeene Ke Ishare so beautiful? I love it! Shankar Mahadevan is totally one of my favourite singers in Bollywood.

Oh and about babysitting, I can't even imagine how you handled FOUR children! I just have one nephew and he can be a real handful :)

February 12, 2007 at 3:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't recall how I got here, but I just wanted to comment, you seem to be a very wise and articulate woman at such a young age. Well done.

And yes, children are quite the hefty responsibility...for 18+ years! I do not think most people realize that before having litters of them!

February 12, 2007 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger Lidia said...

Mumbai Guy - Totally agree with everything you said, although Salman isn't quite my hero. And MJ is awesome!
Maja - I know...i couldn't believe it either! Maybe it's because i haven't really seen any more Johnny movies recently! Phir Milenge is excellent - i definately reccomend it. It's just so real and Jeene Ke Ishare has been on repeat in my computer since i watched it!
Aurora - Thanks! I'm going to check your blog out now!

February 12, 2007 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger Jasmeet said...

Hahaha, you are one crazy girl :P

February 18, 2007 at 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home